Keep well this winter
Are you (or someone you know) elderly, with underlying health issues, caring for a vulnerable person or young children, worried about fuel bills, debts, keeping warm or your home being cold or damp?
Is it affecting your health? If so, then Winter Wellbeing can help.
For advice and access to services provided by the programme’s 30 partner organisations, call Freephone 0800 954 1956.
The Winter Wellbeing programme offers access to a range of services to help you stay warm and well this winter, including:
Services to help you enjoy a warmer, healthier home
- Independent energy advice tailored to your individual needs, including home visits and follow-up support.
- Access to heating and insulation grants.
- Providing practical advice on understanding and reducing your energy bills and combatting condensation and damp.
Services to progress people to work
Cornwall Works ‘conversation’ to access all of Cornwall’s back-to-work support, whether training, volunteering or moving towards work.
Services to support families with children
- Support for families with children if they have additional needs.
- Confidential advice on parenting.
- Debt advice.
- Benefits advice.
- Health information.
Services to support older people
- Meals on wheels.
- Home library service.
- Home help, personal shoppers, nail cutting service, befriending, cleaning, advocacy, non-urgent transport.
- Mobility improvements for the home (stair lifts, bathroom adaptions, aid call personal alarms).
- Benefit checks – income maximisation – complete service from eligibility to application assistance.
- Access to four day centres across Cornwall – independent, making friends, socialising and provision of hot meals.
- Exercise classes.
- Getting online – via day centres and informal IT classes.
- Signposting service based on the requirements identified though the assessment.
- Confidential and impartial advice to individuals on debt, welfare benefit and housing issues.
- Benefits advice.
Winter Wellbeing Guide
Hard copies are available from Council One Stop Shops, libraries and many other sources, including all the partners listed below.
You can contact the Community Energy Plus helpline on Freephone 0800 954 1956, or email them at [email protected] for further information and advice.
About the Winter Wellbeing partnership
The project’s partners include:
- Cornwall Council
- Council of the Isles of Scilly
- Community Energy Plus
- Cornwall Rural Community Council
- Inclusion Cornwall
- NHS Kernow
- Age UK Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly
- Coastline Housing
- Citizens Advice Cornwall
- Cornwall Community Foundation
- Cornwall Housing
- Cornwall Rural Housing Association
- Cornwall Voluntary Sector Forum
- Cornwall Fire and Rescue
- Ocean Housing
- Penwith Community Development Trust
- Royal British Legion
- Royal Voluntary Service
- St Petroc’s
- Volunteer Cornwall
- Warm Homes Fund
- Warm West
- Western Power Distribution
A review of the 2012/13 Winter Wellbeing Programme demonstrates the value of this vital programme within a wider approach to tackle the health inequalities of fuel poverty in Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.