We are working on an exciting new project to reach into communities across Cornwall and help householders save money and enjoy warmer safer homes.
Householders in deprived Cornish communities are receiving one-to-one help to enjoy warmer, safer homes thanks to a pioneering project sponsored by the gas network provider Wales & West Utilities and co-managed by Warm Wales CIC, who operate as Warm West in our region. The Cornish project is working to replicate the success of Warm Wales’ award winning projects in South and North Wales which have been running for almost three years.
Our full time Community Energy Champion goes door-to-door in targeted communities to help householders save money and access a broad range of projects and services provided by Community Energy Plus together with other local and national organisations.
The services being offered will include:
- Help with your energy bills – cheaper prices, discounts and savings
- Help with your household budget and income maximisation
- Extra help from the electricity, gas and water companies
- Home safety such as fire safety checks, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Grants for heating systems and insulation