We are working on an exciting new project to reach into communities across Cornwall and help householders save money and enjoy warmer safer homes.
Our pilot project follow’s in the footsteps of the Warm & Safe Homes project launched in Cardiff during 2017 by Warm Wales. Our activity in Cornwall is being funded by the gas network provider Wales & West Utilities and is supported by Cornwall Council and Warm Wales.
Staff from Community Energy Plus together with student volunteers from the University of Exeter’s Cornwall campus, are carrying out doorstep surveys in targeted communities.
Completed surveys are followed up with phone calls from the charity’s fully trained energy advisors to provide advice, referrals and signposting to a range of services to help participants save money and have a warmer, safer homes. The services being offered will include:
- Help with your energy bills – cheaper prices, discounts and savings
- Help with your household budget and income maximisation
- Extra help from the electricity, gas and water companies
- Home safety such as fire safety checks, smoke and carbon monoxide alarms
- Grants for heating systems and insulation