The plight of thousands of households in Cornwall struggling with the costs of keeping warm has been highlighted by the publication of the government’s latest fuel poverty statistics. They show that over 34,000 households are thought to be in fuel poverty in the duchy, which is 14.2% of Cornish homes. The figures for Cornwall are as bad as levels seen in colder parts of the country such as the North East and West Midlands. Within some communities across Cornwall the …READ MORE »
In this Section
- Low carbon heat – is there an opportunity for community energy?
- Chacewater leads the charge towards electric vehicles
- Cornish householders to get ‘Energy Wise’ following Big Lottery Fund boost
- Event held to help Camborne householders cut their energy bills
- Advice from Cornish charity – check your energy bills this autumn
- Statistics show the cold reality of fuel poverty in Cornwall
- Cooking up energy savings in Four Lanes
- Event held to help householders cut their energy bills
- Can you afford another £55 on your energy bill this year?
- Strong demand for Smart Warmth project