Tens of thousands of Cornish households could be in for a nasty shock this month when they receive their January energy bills. Rising wholesale electricity and gas costs threaten to push the cost of the average duel fuel bill up by as much as 5 per cent, which is £55 on an average bill, according to the Truro based charity Community Energy Plus. The charity estimates that two-thirds of households in Cornwall, about 175,000, are unnecessarily boosting the profits of …READ MORE »
In this Section
- Low carbon heat – is there an opportunity for community energy?
- Chacewater leads the charge towards electric vehicles
- Cornish householders to get ‘Energy Wise’ following Big Lottery Fund boost
- Event held to help Camborne householders cut their energy bills
- Advice from Cornish charity – check your energy bills this autumn
- Statistics show the cold reality of fuel poverty in Cornwall
- Cooking up energy savings in Four Lanes
- Event held to help householders cut their energy bills
- Can you afford another £55 on your energy bill this year?
- Strong demand for Smart Warmth project