The Truro-based charity behind the initiative to reduce Cornish energy bills through collective tariff switching has passed two important milestones after helping over 1,000 households to switch to cheaper tariffs and achieve savings totalling £250,000. Community Energy Plus launched Community Energy Switch in January 2015 in response to the steady increase in the number of people contacting them because they are struggling to keep warm and pay their energy bills. During the winter months the charity operates the Winter Wellbeing …READ MORE »
In this Section
- Low carbon heat – is there an opportunity for community energy?
- Chacewater leads the charge towards electric vehicles
- Cornish householders to get ‘Energy Wise’ following Big Lottery Fund boost
- Event held to help Camborne householders cut their energy bills
- Advice from Cornish charity – check your energy bills this autumn
- Statistics show the cold reality of fuel poverty in Cornwall
- Cooking up energy savings in Four Lanes
- Event held to help householders cut their energy bills
- Can you afford another £55 on your energy bill this year?
- Strong demand for Smart Warmth project