Local charity and social enterprise Community Energy Plus has won its battle to find funding to replace a faulty boiler, which left a severely disabled young man and his mother without a heating system or hot water for six months. The young man in question is cared for full-time by his mother at their home near St Austell. A loan was taken out to replace the old boiler and, despite using a registered installer and a reliable model, the family …READ MORE »
In this Section
- Low carbon heat – is there an opportunity for community energy?
- Chacewater leads the charge towards electric vehicles
- Cornish householders to get ‘Energy Wise’ following Big Lottery Fund boost
- Event held to help Camborne householders cut their energy bills
- Advice from Cornish charity – check your energy bills this autumn
- Statistics show the cold reality of fuel poverty in Cornwall
- Cooking up energy savings in Four Lanes
- Event held to help householders cut their energy bills
- Can you afford another £55 on your energy bill this year?
- Strong demand for Smart Warmth project